Tuesday, August 18, 2026
 
search-icon
search-icon
close-icon

Moscow Rocked by Massive Overnight Drone Attack, 620 Drones Reportedly Involved

publish time

18/08/2026

publish time

18/08/2026

Moscow Rocked by Massive Overnight Drone Attack, 620 Drones Reportedly Involved
Add as Preferred Source on Google

MOSCOW, Aug 18: Moscow faced its largest overnight drone attack in two years, with 620 drones reportedly heading toward the Russian capital since Monday evening, Moscow Mayor Sergey Sobyanin said Tuesday.

Sobyanin said 180 drones had been destroyed over the Moscow region between Monday evening and 5 a.m. local time. Emergency services were deployed at locations where drone debris fell, he said.

The latest assault surpassed the previous largest reported attempt on August 15-16, when Russian authorities said 600 drones had targeted Moscow.

The attack also caused damage in several parts of the Moscow region. Governor Andrey Vorobyov said a drone struck a warehouse belonging to online retailer Wildberries near Atlant-Park in the Bogorodsky district, sparking a fire that was later contained.

Two private homes were also damaged, while several other fires were reported across the region. No casualties were reported in the affected areas, according to Vorobyov.

Moscow has experienced a series of major drone attacks in recent months. In July, Russian authorities reported that more than 430 drones had been intercepted during a single night.

The latest attack highlights the growing scale of long-range drone strikes targeting areas around the Russian capital amid the continuing conflict between Russia and Ukraine.